Monday 30 August 2010

Today on Pilsdon Pen

So today I made some delicious scones to have with clotted cream and jam, and suggested we go on a picnic.Sunny day, and as it goes, my 19th wedding anniversary.Next thing I know I am suggesting we ask 'Dad' aka my soon to be ex, if he would like to come with us. This being the only way I could guarantee Taster Minor would come along. Also because I am still desperately being Susan ( Sarandon) in this whole schtick.Seen the film 'Stepmom' where she befriends ex husband's younger (Julia Roberts) squeeze? Anyway, we are talking saintly and halo wearer extraordinary.Phonecall from 'Dad' in which he basically takes that pompous tone about how he is considering it, but only if I..(I interrupt here)I consider telling him to Eff Off but instead reply brightly 'Of course'.Goes without saying. I am hardly going to invite him so I can have a big row and ruin the boys picnic.Dohhh. Durr.Anyway I have 2nd and 3rd thoughts like ..remind me why I am doing this? But always keeping Susan ever uppermost and For the Sake of the Boys; and of course
(natch) to prove (again) that I shoulda been allowed to go the goddamned 50th thing that I was banned from attending. So. How did it go? Surprisingly well.Amazingly. But obviously a lot to do with the fact we were always and primarily platonic and parental in all our interactions from the time they were first born.Which was fine by me, but He decided he wanted to supplement this with some 'action' in Manc on the side.To this day I cannot imagine giving up my family for sex, but hey, I'm not Him, so there we go. I also cannot comprehend why he never discussed this with me before embarking on that path, as *surely* you'd realise that Mrs would object to being the main provider (financially) for the ExtraMarital? He actually mentioned today being strapped for cash which made me LOL inside, as he was so used to living on my wages and using his for ..ahem..other things. Including shares in USA. Other items of interest: house ( former marital) not yet sold, but seems likely to be soon surely? And then what will happen about the visits to and by the sons? he said today he would 'sleep in the car'. How would that work? He comes to collect son and they go ..where? To do what? Bearing in mind winter cometh, and so long walks or beach BBQs less tempting. I am dreading the thought that the sons will be req'd to Go to Manc for a visit. But equally, I rather think they might say CBA to that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment